Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Entry #11 Blogging




I am really glad I had the opportunity to try blogging. It was always something I thought would be fun, but I never really tried it because I wouldn't know where to start. I took this assignment seriously and I think it is something I will continue. I think this was an experience, not just an assignment. 



Aside from the actual blog, this project has helped me get my ideas out. I am able to express my opinion more thoroughly. I think blogging is good for people who are shy and aren't used to speaking to others. Blogs help people get out of their comfort zone and talk about things they feel passionately about. I'm not as afraid of sharing my thoughts and opinions now.



One issue I encountered with the blog was choosing topics for self-generated posts. I think instead of self-generated topics there should be a subject and everyone can choose something from within that subject. Our final writing assignment was a broad subject and everyone narrowed down to what they wanted to write about. I think that would be better than self-generated posts because some posts that I commented on just seemed completely off topic. They seemed like social media posts instead of blog posts. I also had a difficult time choosing topics that would still relate to the assigned posts.




Overall, I think the blog is a great assignment and would enjoy it if I had a blog as an assignment for every English class.

1 comment: